ACS has been established since 1979, and has established a high level of respect in academic circles within a range of disciplines, in the UK, Australia and beyond. Staff include world renowned academics from several countries, and it maintains active partnerships (affiliations) with respected institutions in several countries including England, Ireland, Australia, N.Z., Singapore and France.
COMMENT FROM ACS STUDENT who previously completed University Bachelors degree.
"The main difference between my experience of studying at University and studying with ACS is that at University you're basically regurgitating text books. In contrast ACS assignments can be quite involved requiring hands-on application of principles, creative thinking and analysis." Dennis - Certificate in Garden Design graduate
The school’s credentials are varied, and include:
ACS is recognised by the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC). Most ACS courses (certificate and higher) are accredited by IARC.
You can see the standards that endorse and adhere to on the IARC site: click here
- ACS is affiliated with a group of around a dozen other colleges, located in Australia, the UK, Singapore, France and Ireland (see Educational Affiliates). Many of these colleges hold government accreditations and offer articulation for ACS graduates into accredited qualifications. Affiliates in the UK include Worcester College (incorp. Pershore College) in the midlands and Warnborough College in Kent.
- Working in Partnership with Lantra. Lantra is the Sector Skills Council for the environmental and land-based sector representing 17 industries across the whole of the United Kingdom. Everyone working within these industries which are grouped into land management and production, animal health and welfare, and environmental industries, plays a hugely important role in the economy. The sector influences the lives of everyone living in the UK today.
- ACS is accredited by the Accreditation Board of the Maldives
- ACS is a member of the Institute of Horticulture (UK) Careers Advisory Board.
- ACS conducts RHS qualifications (Certificate II to M.Hort qualifications are awarded by the RHS after passing RHS conducted examinations. These awards include ones accredited through the Qualifications Curriculum Authority).
- Articulation pathways have been established with affiliates in both Australia and in the UK to allow graduates of our Fitness Leaders Certificate to obtain additional accredited fitness industry standard qualifications.
- ACS is a College Member of Complementary Medicine Assoc. assessed to teach a range of areas incl. Counselling, Nutrition, Natural Therapies. ACS students can join NOW. Find out how you can be a member here.
- Selected Health Science courses articulate into diploma and degree level qualifications at government recognized Australian institutions.
ACS and its staff are members of many UK and overseas industry bodies, including :
British Institute for Learning and Development
Complimentary Medicine Association (UK)
Institute of Horticulture (UK)
Institute of Horticulture (Australia)
Australian Nursery Industry Association
International Herb Association
Association for Coaching (UK) Organisational Member (OMAC)
Alternative Technology Association
The Permaculture Association
Study Gold Coast
ACS has held various other formal accreditations (including government agency recognition in more than one country) in the past, however many of these accreditations were found to add significant cost to courses, without providing any significant benefit to graduates.
ACS believes that the most ethical and efficient approach for us to take is to focus our primary attention on our courses and our students. We have found over several decades that this has resulted in a high level of satisfied graduates who have a much higher success rate in industry than if we focus more heavily on accreditation and recognition.
If your main reason for studying is to learn and increase your capacity to function within your chosen discipline, this could be an ideal college for you.
There are literally thousands of bodies around the world that grant accreditation; so if your main purpose is to obtain some type of formal endorsement from a particular organisation or government authority, then you will need to be sure about which authority you would like to be endorsing your course, and then seek a college that has that particular endorsement (or accreditation).
Many of the courses we have developed are offered by affiliate institutions who have government accreditations. If you must have more formal recognition than what we offer, ask us to recommend one of our affiliates.