POLICY FOR CANCELLATION OR CHANGE OF ENROLMENT
Upon enrolling in a course with any school, a student is entering a legal agreement under common law, in which they agree to abide by the conditions of enrolment (including meeting stated payments), in exchange for the service offered by the institution in the delivery of the course.
Please note, ACS can not be held liable for changes in your circumstances.
In a situation where a student wishes to cancel or change their enrolment, and as a measure of goodwill, ACS Distance Education will allow the following options. A student may only take up one of these options once.
Please read the following options and apply in writing to the Administration Manager.
1. For a period of 14 days from enrolment, a refund (less £50 administration fee per module, plus postage and handling costs if already incurred –which may vary depending on the course package and where you are located) will be given if the student notifies the school's administration department in writing. For this to apply, a letter must be received within the 14 day period, either by fax, email, mail or delivered in person.
The onus is on the student to ensure and confirm that written notification of withdrawal is lodged. The school will not be responsible for messages going astray.
Note: If course notes have already been sent to the student; they must be returned before the refund is paid.
2. For a period of 30 days following receipt of the material; a student may apply for special consideration; to swap their course for another course
*The application for special consideration must be made in writing (not by telephone), and be accompanied by a letter explaining why the student wants to change the enrolment.
*These options only apply if the student has not yet submitted any assignments
*An administration fee of £50 will apply in these circumstances
*The school will provide credit for monies paid for the original enrolment, against the new enrolment (ie. new course or person), but will not give any monetary refund or credit against other purchases.
*Following written notification by the school of acceptance, the old course notes must be returned to the school within 1 week for it to be valid.
3. For a period up to 2 months following receipt of the material, a student may apply to transfer their enrolment to a friend, relative or colleague who they have found, and who agrees to take over the enrolment.
- An application for special consideration must be made in writing (not by telephone), and be accompanied by a letter of explanation.
- This application only applies if the student has not yet submitted any assignments
- An administration fee of £75 (plus postage and handling costs ) will apply in these circumstances.
- The school will provide credit for monies paid for the original enrolment, against the new enrolment (ie. new course or person), but will not give any monetary refund or credit against purchases other than courses.
4. At any time during enrolment the student may apply to defer their studies for a 6 or 12 month period. Such an application must be supported in writing by documentation that explains why they cannot continue their studies for a period of time (eg. a letter of explanation). Recommencement fees may apply, please contact the school for more details.