Learn more about the biochemistry of animals with this 100 hour distance learning course.
- use biochemical services in a practical way
- work with the application of biochemistry in applied science
- use the support of qualified and experienced tutors
- learn fundamentals first including atomic structure, the periodic table, molecules, nomenclature, organic chemistry
- investigate common organic compounds such as carbohydrates, lipids and more.
Lessons cover: introduction to biochemistry, lipids, proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, thermo regulation, carbohydrate metabolism, absorption, acidity, alkalinity, chemical analysis, and industry applications.
Prerequisites: Some secondary school chemistry will be helpful though it is not essential to success in this course.
More info & enrolment: BIOCHEMISTRY - ANIMALS BSC103 »